We are here to promote a healthy relationship between you and your pet. We encourage you to call us with any questions and concerns and ask that you respond to our follow up requests by phone, email or text.We recognize some pet matches may not be successful through no fault of the person(s) or the pet. We will always welcome your returned pet back.
I / We (adopters names),
agree to adopt the dog/cat described above, now know as (animals name)
The following terms and conditions constitute a legal contract for the adoption of the dog/cat referred to above (hereinafter referred to as “dog, cat or animal” regardless of age or sex) between Animal Pawtectors,Inc. and
(hereinafter referred to as adopter). These terms and conditions are entered into and agreed upon by both Animal Pawtectors, Inc. and the adopter and they acknowledge the legal worth of this contract.To the best of Animal Pawtectors, Inc. knowledge, this dog has no defects that would make it unsuitable as a family pet nor has the dog bitten or injured anyone. Animal Pawtectors, Inc. cannot guarantee the health of the dog after the adoption takes place.Adopter agrees to all the following terms of this contract and understands that non-compliance with the terms of this agreement gives the adopting agent or their representatives the right to reclaim this dog without refund of adoption fee.To immediately license and place identification on the animal with tags and collar.
- To abide by all laws and ordinances concerning this animal in the community in which I reside.
- To provide indoor Shelter, fresh water, proper food and adequate companionship at all times.
- To provide annual veterinary examination, monthly heartworm preventative, yearly stool samples, rabies vaccination according to my state’s regulations, and vaccinations needed determined by a licensed Veterinarian, monthly flea prevention medication and dental care as determined by my veterinarian.
- To notify Animal Pawtectors, Inc. immediately if this dog is lost, or stolen and to make every effort to locate the dog.
- If for any reason adopter is unable to keep this dog/cat, adopter will notify Animal Pawtectors,Inc.immediately. At that time, Animal Pawtectors, Inc. will work with adopter to find and appropriate home for this animal without refund of adoption fee. The animal will remain in the adopters home while we find a new adopter or foster home. Transfer of ownership of this animal is strictly prohibited without prior written authorization of Animal Pawtectors, Inc.
- Adaptor will notify Animal Pawtectors, Inc. if adopter moves and give the new physical address, phone number and e-mail address.
- The above Dog/cat will not be euthanized in a non emergency situation or an extended illness without notifying Animal Pawtectors, Inc. by registered letter and giving 14 days to respond.
- In the event of and emergency resulting in an evacuation from the house, area, or state by the owners, this dog/cat is to be evacuated with said owners. No exceptions are allowed.
- The Adopter agrees to allow an Animal Pawtectors, Inc. representative to periodically check on this dog to be assured of compliance with the above initialed items.
ENFORCEMENT OF CONTRACTThis contract is binding and enforceable by Civil Law. Any breach of this contract in part or whole requires the adopter voluntarily relinquish said dog and any papers that pertain to said dog to Animal Pawtectors, Inc. designated representative within five days of notification at the adopter’s expense without entitlement of any refund or damages of any kind.RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATIONAdopter promises and agrees to be solely responsible for this animal and to indemnify and hold harmless Animal Pawtectors, Inc. its representatives and volunteers from any and all claims of liability for the conduct of this dog on or after the date of this adoption and agreement of contract.The undersigned adopter has been advised of these facts and agrees to all conditions of this contract.
Signature of Adopter 1
Signature of Adopter 2
Please contact any of the following Animal Pawtector’s representatives should you have any questions regarding your new pet. We encourage any and all questions you may have as a new pet owner.
- Diane King
- Sarah Ulam
- Linda Stefanish